Summer is for fun in the sun. The warmer temperatures often lead to more get-togethers in the home. It is a fun time, but it can also force your pipes to work overtime. More people in the house lead to more flushes and more showers. Several issues arise related to summer plumbing. It’s a good idea to have an emergency plumber NYC on call during this time of the year. Below is a list of the common problems that occur when the temperatures rise:
- Low water pressure
- Insufficiently sealed outdoor pipes
- Clogged toilets and drains
- Loose fixtures
- Improper support of pipes
How do you avoid these problems?
- Stop clogs before they start - Understand what causes flush issues or slow drains during the summer months. Have a plunger or three-foot auger on hand for whenever small clogs begin. However, knowing what starts these issues is the number one step in stopping them.
- Be mindful of what goes into your disposal - Fresh fruits and vegetables are plentiful in the summertime. Be careful what you put inside your disposal to avoid damage. Tough, starchy, and bulky items wreak havoc on your disposal.
- Check for leaks - Winters often hurt your pipes. It’s common to have cracks after a long winter, which may lead to leaks. Inspect both indoor and outdoor pipes for any signs of damage.
If you face any of these summertime issues, it’s best to call in a professional to handle the situation. Call us, and we’ll send out a top plumber NYC to help you out.